City of Scrap is a 2D exploration and combat based game demo set in a ruined city overrun by rogue robots. You play as Scrap, a modular combat robot sent to the city to discover the root of the problem and deal with the malfunctioning robots.
- 2 Unique Areas to Explore
- A Variety of Upgrades to Find Hidden Throughout the World
- 2 Devilish Bosses to Dismantle
- 6 Types of Enemies to Shred to Scrap
- Controller Support
- Variable Resolutions
- A and D move Left and Right.
- Space jumps. (Once you have the upgrade!)
- J shoots your equipped weapon.
- W and S aim your arm cannon Up or Down when shooting.
- I and K let you aim Diagonally Up and Down.
- U shoots the grapple (Once you have the upgrade!), which is aimed using the same buttons as the arm cannon.
- E lets you interact with interact-able objects.
- Tab opens the Modules menu, where you can swap out your equipped weapon by navigating the menu with W and S. Pressing Tab again closes it.
- Escape pauses the game.
- Left Stick move Left and Right.
- A Button or South Face Button jumps. (Once you have the upgrade!)
- Right Bumper shoots your equipped weapon.
- Left Stick aims your arm cannon Up or Down when shooting.
- Left and Right Triggers let you aim Diagonally Up and Down.
- Left Bumper shoots the grapple (Once you have the upgrade!), which is aimed using the same buttons as the arm cannon.
- X Button or West Face Button lets you interact with interact-able objects.
- Select opens the Modules menu, where you can swap out your equipped weapon by navigating the menu with Left Stick. Pressing Select again closes it.
- Start pauses the game.
Tips and Tricks
- You can open doors by shooting at them or walking up and interacting!
- Any enemies with green armor or doors with green lights can't be damaged or opened with your basic Steam Shooter. They require you to use the Scrap Cannon!
- You'll need to backtrack through previously explored areas in order to progress at some points. If you're stuck and think you've explored everything, try returning to an area you've been to before!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Is there controller support?
Q: Can I rebind the controls?
A: Not currently. The default control scheme is listed above and can also be found in the Settings menu!
Q: Are any other resolutions supported?
A: Yes! We've not fully tested the other resolutions though, so any feedback would be appreciated. Resolutions are listed based on what is supported by your monitor. 16:9 aspect ratio is recommended.
Q: Is this game supported on Linux and Mac?
A: For the most part! We're still working out the kinks as none of the developers use Linux or Mac systems, so post anything you have issues with, please!